The bandage is essential, and the boxer knows it. Its purpose is to protect a boxer’s most important weapon, a well bandaged hand will become a solid fist and no, the purpose is not to soften the impact; that’s why they wear gloves.
The professional boxing bandage is done to hold the wrist joint, so the impact is better distributed throughout the whole hand securing all loose joints or movable bones.
“Both in training and in the fight, the bandage is not only a method of protection, but also a rite by which the fighter concentrates on the effort he is going to make. The mere fact of the bandage gives rise to an introspection, to an individual order in the face of the coming chaos” (Menéndez Campa, 2001).
This time we will help you to learn the right way to do a professional boxing bandage. You can use your classic Mexican hand wraps, the compression ones, or the Cotton Tape Hand Wraps.
- Secure and tie your thumb, then start bandaging BEHIND your hand.
- Wrap 3 TIMES around the WRIST.
- Wrap 3 TIMES around the HAND.
- 3 X’S BETWEEN fingers, start between PINKY and RING.
Then to the RIGHT side, pass it BEHIND your hand, OVER your THUMB again FORMING AN X
And PASS the bandage BETWEEN the MIDDLE and RING, now you do the x again and PASS it through the INDEX and MIDDLE, ending with a third x.
- Pass the bandage AROUND the THUMB and then behind the hand.
- Roll it BEHIND the THUMB and UNDER the the PALM.
- 3 TIMES AROUND the KNUCKLES.
8. One last pass and ENDS on the WRIST
Now you can show off your well bandaged fist.
Get yours here: http://bit.ly/2HrSwCx